Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I heart maps!

So I know this post is sadly overdue and there is so much more to post (hopefully this weekend?), but I thought I'd at least add something.

We had to assign ourselves a topic to map, using Illustrator.  After researching many subjects I settled on conifer distribution, primarily for the wealth of information I could find on the subject.  ;)  But I really liked how it turned out in the end (the tree silhouettes are my favorite part!).

We have a field trip tomorrow in Santa Cruz at the UCSC Farm.. I'm so excited!  I love farms.  The rest of the evening will be spent finishing my fremontodendron in ink (4x - in different styles).  I'll post those along with my graphite piece (the first assignment) no later than this weekend.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I especially like the tree silhouettes, as well. Great work so far, Michelle!

Post a Comment