Thursday, October 21, 2010

Field Sketching

One of the classes I'm taking this semester is Field Sketching.  It's pretty much what it sounds like, but it's even better because our "field" is Central California!  So nearly every Wednesday our class takes a fieldtrip to some new lovely spot on the Monterey Bay.  Our first was in Santa Cruz visiting the UCSC campus (we get to borrow specimens from the natural history collection there and we were getting acquainted with said collection).  The ones following included Carmel River State Beach, the UCSC farm and Point Lobos!  We went to Point Lobos today and oh-my-gosh did I love it, BUT I wanted to share my photos from the farm day first cause I never got around to posting those last week...

The farm was absolutely lovely and fortunately, the day we went was a sunny, warm day, perfect for hanging out and sketching outside.

Here are a few of the things I happened across that day...

A quick botany lesson with Jenny (in the hat)

From left: Martha, Corlis, Alexis, Sean, Stephanie


Pears!


See the bee?
Did you know kiwis grew on a vine?





Which do you prefer?




Artichoke gone to seed


Persimmons (also my drawing subject that day)



Ok.  So now I can post the Point Lobos pics...  next time.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment