Friday, November 5, 2010

Ink Textures

Our 3rd ink assignment was to create 12, 2 inch squares filled with different textures...
Click to see larger

I quite enjoyed myself, though I ended up with the worst kink in my neck...

Besides ink textures we've been working on photo manipulation in Photoshop, painting in Photoshop, skeleton drawing and live animal drawing in our field sketching class, and much more.  I'll finish my Photoshop painting by Tuesday and post that soon.  And once I get my sketchbook work back from my teacher (it's currently being graded) I'll post a few of my sketches as well.  

I'm currently working on our 4th and final ink drawing.  I'm really excited about it and it's kind of hard to describe, so I'll just wait and show you next week after I finish (it's due on Tuesday, so I'll post it after that).  Once that's finished, we're moving on to scratchboard and there we'll stay for the duration of the program (only 4 weeks left).  I'm pretty excited, but a bit nervous too because I've never used scratchboard.  Fortunately our first assignment is much like the one above - practicing different transitions/textures on scratchboard.  Our final for the class will be in scratchboard too!

Anyway, time for dinner.  :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment