Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something old... something new...

My first attempt at our last ink assignment proved disastrous, so last night I decided to start over completely (and it was due today!).  I'm so glad I did though, cause I'm much happier with this piece (and I can sleep when I'm dead right?):


Our assignment was to create a "collection" of items that were somehow linked to each other...  I chose the almond and all it's reproductive parts.  There were so many amazing illustrations done on this theme (by all my classmates) and I wish I could make copies of all of them to share and for future inspiration, but perhaps they'll show up again someday in the student galleries.

Also due today, was our first Photoshop painting!  We used black and white work from a previous drawing assignment and colored it in using Photoshop.  I'm pretty happy with my little skipper, remember him?


That's all for now.  If you'll excuse me I'm going to fall asleep now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment